Sunday, February 28, 2010

Networked Media Production Week 3

Alright, this week's lecture was mainly about HTML and CSS. I'll be honest, I had absolutely no idea what they were before the lecture, and about 20 minutes in I thought my brain was going to shut down due to CITBCHATTO (Confusing Information That Brain Cannot Handle At This Time Override). It's just a matter of becoming familiar with all of the tags and what they mean, I understood HTML and CSS a little better after my tutorial. I found the more I used it and the more I became familiar with the tags, the better I understood the meaning of HTML and CSS, so an important tutorial for me. Anyway there is this site that I was looking at - http://www.htmlgoodies.com/primers/html/ - It has a list of tutorials that explain in detail every aspect of HTML including a big list of tags. Another interesting site is-http://www.w3schools.com/css/ - which has a lot of information about CSS and also has a useful little 'try it yourself' button that brings up another page which shows you exactly how it works, it's pretty useful especially when learning for the first time, here's the link for that page-http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_default . So yeah I was a little worried at first about HTML, but now that I have used it and am familiar with some of the tags it's actually not as complicated as it first appeared to be, especially once understanding the basics. I think it's one of those things that if you don't know what it is, and it looks really confusing, it can come off as a little intimidating, especially when finding the motivation or the interest to learn it. But once you do learn it, it's really useful and is something you can definately have fun with.

No comments:

Post a Comment